Monday, September 5, 2011

Original Sin Tutorial


Supplies used:
Tube is by Screaming Demons and can be purchased at Scraps And The City HERE

Kit is called Original Sin and was made by A Taggers Scrap. You can also find it at SATC.

Lyrics are by the awesome band Genitorturers. The song is called 12 Days. You can visit their site HERE

Fonts:
Vrinda
Tension

No filters were used.


Open new image 800 x 800

C/P Glitter Bground 3.

C/P  frame 3.Using your lasso tool select all the way around the outside edge of the frame. Add new raster layer. Move under your frame layer. C/P paper of your choice into selection. Do Not Deselect. (I used paper 1). Using your font tool size 10 small or pixel type font type out your background text. (I used lyrics from a song called 120 days).Convert to raster layer. Now select your font layer on your layer palette . Selections, Invert, Delete. This will remove anything that sticks out. Dropshadow frame and font layers.

At this point I added my tube. You can always wait til the end of the tag but in this case I used the tube for placement of my elements. Use you eraser to clean up any bits sticking out of the frame. This doesn't have to be perfect since we are gonna cover most of the bottom of the frame. Dropshadow.

C/P Candles just under the left side of your tube. Resize by 75%. I used my deform tool to squish them together just a bit more. Add Drop Shadow.

Next I added Crop 1.Resize by 75%. I used my deform tool to make it run ALMOST parallel with the side of my frame. Dropshadow.

C/P Boot 2. Mirror. Resize by 50%. Dropshadow. Place over your Crop element.

C/P Candle 2. Resize by 75%. Dropshadow. Position UNDER your boot and crop layers. Duplicate. I used my deform tool to make the candle a but slimmer. Duplicate the slimmer candle 2 time for a total of 3. Place over the black candelabra layer in between the candles.

Open Whip 3. I used my lasso tool to select the pink handle. Use manual color correction to change to red. Or if you got pink in your tube just leave it pink :) Positions so the tails of the whip are sticking out UNDER the boot layer. Dropshadow.

Open Collar 2. Again I used my lasso and color correction but the pink will work fine if you want to skip it. Resize by 60%. Place just under your boot on the left side of tag. Dropshadow.

C/P Armband 2. Resize by 50%. Dropshadow. Position over the left side of the collar.

C/P Mask . Resize by 60%. Dropshadow. Place just slightly over the right side of collar.

C/P Cuffs 2. Resize by 60%. Use your deform tool to turn cuffs sideways. Dropshadow. Place so that the chain ends up overlapping your collar layer. 

C/P cap. Resize by 60%. Dropshadow. Place just under your mask and whip handle.

C/P Devil. Resize by 50%. Dropshadow. Move to the top of your layers. Position around the middle of your mask layer.

C/P Piercing. Resize by 60%.Position on the left side of your frame where there is background showing between the lines. Use your eraser tool along the line of the frame so it looks like the ring is passing through the frame. Dropshadow.

Add your copyright and watermarks.

Type out your name. Effects, 3d effects, Inner bevel....


Add Dropshadow.
I Duplicated my piercing layer from earlier. Resized by 75% and added it to my name. It was not needed but I that it would be a fun touch. 
Hope you enjoyed this tut :)











No comments:

Post a Comment